At Olivers Plants we grow many of our own Christmas trees.
Our trees are available in several different varieties all either cut, potted or container grown, from 20cm to 20 foot, to make sure you get the right one for you.
We begin offering trees and wreaths from 26th November and continue right up until Christmas.
Cut - trees have been field grown and cut at ground level.
Potted - trees have been field grown, dug out and then planted in pots with some roots.
Pot Grown - trees have been grown in our Nursery, in pots as the name suggests.
We cannot guarantee that our potted or pot grown trees will survive if planted outside, after they have spent time in a warm room over Christmas.
We also sell british made plastic coated metal tree stands.
Nordman Fir (Abies nordmaniana)
- Soft, flat, slow-drop needles - Often referred to as the 'non-drop' variety.
- Traditional cone shape
- Glossy dark green foliage
- Available as a cut tree or pot grown
Traditional Norway Spruce (Picea abies)
- Dark green needles
- Triangular shape
- Fresh pine scent
- Available as cut, potted or pot grown
Please be aware that this variety are likely to drop a lot of neddles if placed in a warm room.
Blue Spruce (Picea pungens)
- Blue colouring
- Fresh pine scent
- Prickly needles
- Available as a potted tree
- Before you come to buy your tree, choose where it's going to go. Ideally, this will be a well-lit corner, but where it isn't going to be crashed in to by chocolate-fuelled children, or wobbly adults from too much mulled wine.
- Read about our trees. Some may be more suitable than others, depending on if you have young children, explorative pets or whether you want to plant it in the garden after Christmas.
-Think about what size you will need. A small tree might look silly in a large room, whereas that 8ft giant that you've bought home on the roof of your car is not going to fit in your cottage unless you do some drastic pruning!
- To make it last, make sure that you keep your tree watered and not too hot. Remember, they have never lived indoors.